LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

February 14, 2011

Chloe (2009)

When it's over, Atom Egoyan's Chloe was a strange movie in a good way.  Julianne Moore suspects her husband, played by Liam Neeson, of infidelity and hires a prostitute to seduce him in order to confirm her suspicions.  As the dangerous game of spying continues, nothing is as it seems and several twist and turns keep the plot unpredictable.  For fans of erotica, this film offers a good mix of suspense, surprise, and satisfaction.  I'm not a big fan of erotica, but this film kept me interested by the solid performances from Neeson, Moore, and Amanda Segfried, playing the three characters who complete the love triangle.  This is one of those rare films that was completely shot in Toronto making it extra special if you're a Torontonian. 

My rating: 3.5 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this film, and even more so because it was filmed in Yorkville! It explores a most interesting plot topic/theme and I think while I would agree that there is the element of erotica, I think it's more about the psychological aspect and how one tiny thought can eventually manifest itself into resulting actions, behaviours, suspicion. It was definitely most compelling and at times, scary, but never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete