LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

February 23, 2011

Skyline (2010)

When it's over, I wanted more and was disappointed that there wasn't any left. Skyline's premise of aliens taking over earth was straightforward enough, and it managed to keep me interested until the moment the credits rolled right at the "cliffhanger" scene when the idea that humanity may yet prevail.  It was clear the filmmakers were counting on a sequel, but honestly, for a small film such as this one with relatively unknown actors, it's a gamble to assume a sequel would follow.  Some scenes were knockoffs of other alien abduction films, but I still enjoyed the slim, blood, and the struggle between humans vs aliens.  My only wish would be that the film should have had some closure and maybe a possible hint of a sequel rather than end abruptly after what I felt was the second act.

My rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment