LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

April 5, 2012

SWAT (2003)


When it’s over, with a cast of pumped up guys to include Colin Farrell, L.L. Cool J, and Jeremy Renner, it was nice to have Michelle Rodriguez add a bit of femininity.  Based on the original 1970’s cop show, the film follows a team of Los Angeles police officers who are recruited into the Special Weapons and Tactics  team (SWAT) by head recruiter, Hondo (Samuel Jackson).  When a drug lord (Olivier Martinez) offers $100 million dollars to whoever can spring him out of jail, pandemonium erupts and SWAT is sent in to handle the situation.  Without much of a story, I still liked this film for its entertainment value, and nothing more.  It was like a speeding locomotive without an engineer.   Fun ride.  Best parts of the film were the tactical training scenes.   Even though some of it was stylized, much of how the individuals are tested and trained were interesting to watch.  

My rating:  3 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I
    have truly loved surfing around your weblog posts.

    In any case I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, and your words of support.

      Delete