LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

January 8, 2012

Shark Night (2011)




When it's over, my fascination for sharks continues to lure me to the screen even at the onset of knowing the film will be less than good.  I knew going into this film that it would have a shallow plot and even shallower characters. I find it less disappointing when I don't expect too much from a film and this was definitely the case with a B-movie like Shark Night where once again sharks are terrorizing humans, and the humans become the main feature in some nasty homemade snuff films.  I found the later plot angle a surprise and had not expected the film to take that turn, which kept the story interesting and kept me from nodding off.  Although I didn't love the film, I certainly didn't hate it.  Shot with a low budget and a cast of relatively unknowns, the film served to be decent entertainment.


My rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment