LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

April 27, 2011

Takers (2010)

When it's over, Takers  took me by surprise.  It's the story about five bank robbers living the high life after a successful heist.  However, when a former member of the team gets released from prison, he convinces the team to rob an armoured car carrying $20 million.  Success seems imminent, until a police officer gets alittle too close in solving the case.  The film was more entertaining than I had expected and although it was predictable, it kept me guessing on who would die and who would live.  I was impressed that the film had a collaborative feel to it where the actors shared an equal amount of screen time.  I didn't sense any egos trying to consume the film and with a cast that included emerging talent as well as established talent (such as: Chris Brown, Hayden Christensen, Matt Dillion, Paul Walker, Michael Ealy, Idris Elba, T.I., Jay Hernandez, and Zoe Saldana), egos could have easily verve the story to varying directions.  Instead, emerging director, John Luessenhop managed to keep the storyline well-paced with each character getting a fair slice of the plot.  

My rating: 3.5 out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment