LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

February 4, 2012

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

When it's over, this is truly a film about the 80's, the fashion, the music,and the mentality.  John Cusack,  Rob Corddry, and Craig Robertson play three high school friends (Adam, Lou, and Nick), who are all down on their luck and who travel back in time to 1986 to relive a fateful night that may or may not change the course of their future lives.  Along for the ride is Adam's nephew, Jacob, who will not exist if the three men fail to do exactly what they did that one night.  I didn't particularly like this film, but I didn't dislike it altogether.  I think the set and costume design were accurate to the decade, and having grown up in the 80's, I can relate to some of the jokes and find humor in some of the scenes, but overall, the film was  rather absurd, much like the title.  If you're looking for some brainless fun and don't mind the culture of the 80's, then you might just "Ohh my gawd!" squeeze some laughs out of this film.


My rating: 2 out of 5


1 comment:

  1. Ah heck I liked this film... couldn't stop laughing. Miss the 80's....

    ReplyDelete