LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

November 11, 2011

Source Code (2011)

When it's over, I'm leaning more towards the "liking" of this film rather than dismissing it altogether, and it has a lot to do with Jake Gyllenhaal's performance as Colter Stevens, a US army helicopter pilot, who finds himself reliving, many times over, the last eights minutes of a commuter train prior to it being bombed.  I think Gyllenhaal does a great job carrying this mind-bender of a film, and without his believability, I wouldn’t have stayed on for the ride.  The film's got a smart script and consisted of some intriguing twists and surprises which in the hands of a less capable actor and director would have become boring and redundant.  Director Duncan Jones (Moon - 2009) manages to keep the story moving and interesting by feeding the audience information each time Stevens goes back into the source code.  The science behind Source Code fascinates me, however I don't feel the science is really explained.  My big question is if the source code is a worm hole which travels through parallel universes, how is it possible for Stevens to be in one universe and still be able to contact another if parallel universes never meet?  Any astrophysicists out there?

My rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment