LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

August 11, 2011

Rango (2011)

When it's over, my favourite part was the dream sequence of the Spirit of the West (aka: the Clint Eastwood scene from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly), which pays tribute to the old 1960s spaghetti westerns.  I thought it was Eastwood voicing the part of himself, but in actuality, it was Actor Timothy Olyphant, who fooled me completely.  I'm rarely surprised in films, and the scene with Eastwood was a pleasant surprise.  Johnny Depp lends his voice as Rango, a domesticated chameleon who suddenly finds himself sheriff of a lawless town named, Dirt.  Rango vows to save the town from drought and dehydration, and in his search for water, he uncovers a conspiracy.  There's a lot of silliness and humour in the film the way only Depp can deliver - kinda like watching Jack Sparrow in the wild west.  I had some good laughs. The story was decent.  The action was well paced.  I only wish the film was live action rather than animated.  I couldn’t identify half of the animal species in the film, and sometimes, the animals looked rather creepy.  

My rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment