LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

July 25, 2011

The Roommate (2011)

When it's over, The Roommate was a waste of time.  It's about a college student who learns that her roommate's obsession with her begins to turn violent.  I would consider this film a remake of Single White Female, which was so much better.  This film had a lousy story, lousy acting, and a lousy script.  There was nothing remotely interesting about this film.  I laughed at the stupidity of the whole thing.  Imagine, death by utility knife. How ridiculous is that??!!

My rating: 1 out of 5

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely a remake of Single White Female.
    The acting in this only reminded me that not all actors are good! I found it funny as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The film is so bad, it's funny. However, I don't think it was the director's intention to make a comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Roomate. But then again I'm just a fan of Leighton Meester. I thought her death was epic. She didn't just fall down and die. She had a moment when she looked into the camera and the viewer, or at least I, felt her sadness, if not relief to be released from her plaguing mental issues. I would give this movie a 6/10. It wasn't a complete waste of time but definitely low on the priority list of must see movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to agree with the reviewer. Not worth the time.

    ReplyDelete