LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

March 27, 2011

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

When it's over, Jake Gyllenhaal is still a wonderful actor, just not convincing enough to play Dastan, the young prince who must save the world by preventing a magic dagger that reverses time from falling into evil hands.  Dastan is aided, off and on, by princess Tamina, played by Gemma Arterton.  There's tons of action and loads of stunts that mimic the video game the character of Dastan is based on.  Plus, enough one liners and cliches to make one roll their eyes to exhaustion.  Still, after two viewings of this film, I would have to admit, it was entertaining.  I actually liked it more the second time around.  The setting and costumes were a delight and I suppose, having Gyllenhaal flex his pecs here and there didn't hurt either.

My rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment