LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

October 23, 2011

Green Hornet (2011)

When it's over, the only good thing about this film was the car.  Everything else was a bunch of fluff.  Such a wasted shame.  Seth Rogan's in the title role as newspaper heir, Britt Reid, who band together with his late father's assistant, Kato (Jay Chou), to fight crime on the streets of Los Angeles.  Britt strikes me as a juvenile delinquent with too much time on his hands and a boy trapped in a man's body.  I suppose Rogan's just the right actor to play such a role.  Too bad the producers went this route, because Rogan was annoying, uninteresting, and at times, if I could, I would've liked to photoshop him out of the picture completely.  I think it would've been more interesting to watch Kato and Reid's office assistant (Cameron Diaz) fight crime. 

My rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment