LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

April 27, 2011

Buried (2010)

When it's over, I can understand the appeal this film had for some people and sheer disappointment for others.  I would give the vote of disappointment.  I think Ryan Reynolds' bold attempt to stray away from his more heroic roles pays off in Buried, because it truly is something different for him, and his performance in this "one-man" show proved he can act as well as look good.   However, the ending ruined my journey through claustrophobia-land.  The story about an American buried alive inside a coffin by Iraqis with only a cell phone, lighter, and flashlight was appealing, and it kept my interest until the very end - until the decision to end the movie the way it did (I don't want to reveal any spoilers).  I was hoping for more of a Hollywood ending, but got instead, an ending that seemed unfair and pointless.  Maybe that was the film's intention, but I don't have to like it.

My rating: 2.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment