LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

January 27, 2011

Kick Ass (2010)

When it's over, I have to admit, when the movie first came out, I thought it was all kinda silly with a boy wearing a funky green suit and saving people, but after I read the comic, I was really blown away by the story and the inner thoughts of a teenager who wanted to "make his mark."  So, after the comic, I decided to watch the big screen version.  It was funny, violent, and cheesy at times, but still entertaining.   Nicholas Cage was great as Big Daddy, and newcomer, Chloe Moretz, was amazing as Hit-Girl.  Watching her jump, flip, and kick some serious butt was so much fun, especially since she's half the size.  British actor, Mark Strong, always makes a great baddie. 

My rating: 4.5 out of 5

1 comment: