LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

January 27, 2011

Trade (2007)

When it's over, Trade is the type of movie that I know even before I see it that it'll make me sad, but yet, I watch it anyways and I'm literally glued to the screen.  The realism is disturbing and the sheer unfortunate fates the characters suffer make this movie compelling.  The story's about sex trafficking and it follows the abduction of a 13 year old Mexican girl who is to be sold via internet by the highest bidder.  The victum's brother enlists the aid of a Texas cop, played by Kevin Kline, to save his sister before she is sold.  No matter how the story ends, which I won't say for those who might watch it, the movie, to me, really is about loss.  This movie's similar to the miniseries Human Tafficking starring Donald Sutherland and Mira Sorvino. 

My rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment