LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

November 23, 2011

Bad Teacher (2011)


When it's over, I have to laugh at the absurdity of this film.  Bad Teacher sends a bad message, but offers up a few good laughs.  If this film was produced and written based on research done on schools, then the whole education system is in a whole lot of trouble.  I'm sure some of the scenarios don't stray too far from the facts or even actual events, but some scenes are simply way over the top (example - car wash).  I got to a point in the film where I just had to shake my head and wonder who thinks up these stories.  Do the writers sit around and reminisce about their childhood school fantasies while getting high like the teachers they're writing about?  I thought Cameron Diaz was well casted and believable as Elizabeth Halsey, the foul mouth/bad teacher/gold digger who finds every opportunity to make enough cash to get a breast implant.  She breaks the law, she cheats the school system, she lies, she blackmails, and more importantly, she gets away with it.  Not the best message to be sending to kids who are goo-goo-gaaing over Diaz.  Justin Timberlake plays Scott, the new teacher at the middle school who comes from a family of old money.  Timberlake's character is useless in the film and offers nothing but sheer annoyance.  Sorry girls, I'd like to "X" Scott out with a bold Sharpie.

My rating: 2.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment